Marlee

Marlee
Marlee has arrived

Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 33: 


So far getting sleep, and finding a comfortable position to sit in, and fitting into my clothes is IMPOSSIBLE! I get more and more frustrated as the days go by. I want to do so much but am limited. I love moving furniture around and changing things up around the house, but I can no longer do that since I'm pregnant. It's very frustrating! On the up side, Marlee continues to kick and have hiccups for my daily delight! I love feeling her inside me, just reminding me that she is here, and is on the way! I feel like I already know her in a way. I guess that must be the motherly bond that forms when moms get pregnant. Now I understand! 


Symptoms: Heartburn, Hot flashes, no longer fitting into my clothes, trying to stand up after sitting is ridiculous, bending over isn't an option anymore, and trying to keep up with my daily routine is becoming harder and harder to do. I'm exhausted all the time from lugging around all this weight. I get dizzy every time I stand up because I forget to do it slowly. Overall, I want to be DONE being pregnant. 


Life as we know it: 
So life has been difficult lately. My oversize belly has taken over my world. I can no longer reach things I can in the cupboards because my belly is in the way. I can't fit into most of my shirts these days, I can't lift things I want to, or bend over to lift anything off the floor. I can barely do the dishes these days cause the bending over part is killing my back. Laundry is tough because I have to go from standing to bending over to get the clothes to sitting on the floor to load the clothes in, to trying to stand back up to put the laundry soap in back to bending over to switch the laundry...over and over again! All that strain on my back leads to sleepless nights. At night, its' impossible to find a comfortable position to sleep in. My pelvic bone has been giving me issues lately as well. It hurts to sleep on one side for too long, so add a rotation every 15 minutes at night, and it equals a NO SLEEP ZONE! On top of all this, I'm the type of person who loves to move furniture around! Especially now that I'm nesting, it's hard to get things done when I can't move any big furniture. My husband is super busy these days, and I don't expect him to nest for me, as much as that sounds awesome, he has enough on his plate. (Although, my husband has offered to help me move around some stuff in our bedroom so that we are able to have the baby sleep in our room, I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE MY HUSBAND!!) I hate sitting around knowing that the only things I'm capable of is folding laundry, my least favorite thing to do!  I just feel bad for my poor husband, he has been helping me around the house lately, AND he is providing for me, AND he is at a course that takes him away from home from 7am-9pm, where he finds this time to help me out, I have no idea, but I must say that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such a blessing like him around!!! 


Monterey: 
My husband and I decided that we HATE it here. We live on a busy road and so traffic at night is blinding, and it's LOUD! We have become sick of our apartment and can't wait to move back home. Lately it has been extremely humid here, and so we've been burning up at night, and freezing in the morning, and dying of humidity during the day! I've opened every window we have and it still seems to be scorching hot in our apartment. I'm taking out the fan today from storage to see if that helps any. 
My friends Kendra and Claudia here took me to Fisherman's Wharf to get carmel apples ( which by the way were the MOST AMAZING CARMEL APPLES EVER!!) I got to see some of the sights, and then we went and got lunch at Compagnos ( BEST SANDWICH PLACE THERE IS) We took it back to my house to eat and just talk, it was GREAT! I'm glad I got to know them, they were such a great couple of gals :) I hope to hang out with them soon! I feel more at home when I'm around other people! 


The kitties: 
So lately we've had to shut all the doors upstairs because our cats have been over curious about all the new baby stuff we've purchased. I have to worry about them ruining it because Bo hasn't been neutered yet so he still marks his territory, and I DO NOT want him marking his territory all over our new baby stuff! As for worrying about them when Marlee gets here, I'm terrified! Bo has almost tripped me going down the stairs multiple times, and Aero has been sneaky enough to find his way into my closet to hide, and that's where all the baby stuff is. I have my worries of whether or not we'll be able to keep them when Marlee arrives. It will be a tough decision because these two cats have been my babies for the last two years, and my first pets. I'm hoping I won't have to make that decision of keeping them or not. Hopefully they'll be good around Marlee! Cross my fingers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment