Marlee

Marlee
Marlee has arrived

Monday, September 17, 2012

Baby Blessing

September 16, 2012:

At 11 AM we had Marlee Talavou Ochsenbein's Baby Blessing. We were so excited to finally bless her! My husband, although he said he was super nervous, looked so calm and ready to bless her. We had the whole family there, just the way I had pictured it. We blessed her at my old family ward where people I grew up with were there. I saw a whole bunch of familiar faces. I was so excited to see everyone gathered for our blessing. Now the time came to have Landon take her up and bless her. 
The people in the circle: My Dad, Landon's Dad, Grandpa Roy, Grandpa Brazzeal, Jody Orme, Isaac Nydegger)
My husband did an outstanding job blessing her. He said all the right things, and got emotional, but pulled through and made me the proudest wife and mother in the room. He came back to sit by me, and he mentioned how nervous he was, but throughout the entire blessing, he was calm and looked like he knew what he was doing. The spirit was so strong. I felt so blessed to have all my family and Landon's family present. 
After the blessing, we all gathered at Willow Park for a lunch, where we celebrated Marlee, and the blessing she is to all of us. Thanks to all the family members we had so much food! After we ate, we played Volleyball. It was amazing, and I don't remember the last time we had a family get together with both sides of the family where we had this much fun! We'll definitely have to do this more often. I'm so glad we were able to do it in the first place! 
I'm so proud of my husband and am so glad he is worthy to give our daughter Marlee a Baby Blessing. He has been the most amazing husband and father any wife could ask for. I'm so proud to call him mine, and to stand next to him for all eternity! I'm so happy that I have a daughter who will be raised by parents who love her no matter what, and will show her the right way to love. We have been truly blessed to have family around us who care so much about us, and are willing to take care of us in times of need. I appreciate all of you who made it to the blessing, and for those who have supported us from the beginning. We love you all and hope to return the favor one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment