Marlee

Marlee
Marlee has arrived

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Journey through dating!

Landon and I have been married since March 26th 2010. We are proud owners of a cat named Aero, and a small apartment that fits us perfectly. We're just normal newly weds, and find that we love each other more and more every day! I have found new things about Landon that I just have to look at him once to fall in love all over again!I don't think I've ever been happier! My first memories of Landon is of course when we met.


"The Hitch Hiker"


    I know what you're thinking. What's with the title? Well here is the story of how Landon and I met! Let me start from the beggining! This may be a long story, but it all adds up in the end ironically!


    ~November 16, 2010~


Today is my sisters birthday and so I decided to take her on a longboard ride since at the time, that is what she loved doing, she just didn't have a lot of time to go out and do so. I picked her up from school and drove up to Utah State where there are great hills and long terrains to go long-boarding. Well as usual my luck isn't that great! My car broke down and we were stuck up on campus! I had planned on bringing her back to school but I guess that wasn't going to happen. Well, we started longboarding and the street had been busy so it took us a while for us to cross the road to the actual sidewalk. Then there was finally a break between traffic, only a huge semi, and a free road stood between me. I glanced at the semi as he signaled to turn left, little did I know. He had only signaled to switch lanes. Ashlin my sister had started yelling at me as I walked calmly across the street. When the semi was at least 15 feet away I looked and sprinted my butt off! Missing me by a couple feet I kept running. Ashlin who was devistated on the other side of the street started yelling at me as she waited for the biggest gap to come. She joined me as she explained her view of things. I still couldn't breathe.


FACT #1: I didn't die
FACT #2: I met Landon the same day!
FACT #3: Barely escaping death by a few feet and meeting my soul mate on the same day consequence!? I THINK NOT!


So anyways, we had to long board home and we made it there just in time for dinner.
  My mom had bought my little brother new glasses and they seemed to look weird on his face. We stared at him all day trying to figure out what was the deal. When finally Ashlin and I came home and I laughed my head off because I noticed that they had put the lenses in the wrong slot, making him look like he was cross-eyed all the time! I quickly explained what had happened, and my mom was determined to fix them herself. I was starving so I let her go at it, as I ate my food.
   That monday night was family home evening night with my singles ward and I was expecting a girl from my ward around 6:30 so we would get there early. While I was waiting, my mom ended up trying to superglue the lenses back into an old pair of glasses that didn't fit my brother anymore. I tried helping her until she superglued her fingers to the lenses and we were stuck trying to get her finger off the lense, and scraping the superglue off the front side of the lense. The girl arrived but I was helping my mom, so I sent them off without me. I had decided I would miss family home evening, because my mom needed me at that point. As crazy as this story is, we found time to laugh about it!
I was helping my mom when I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, practically prompting me to get to that family home evening thing. I apologized and told her I had to go.
I arrived at the American Heritage center and parked my car and walked to the old barn where I found everyone square dancing.


FIRST THOGHT: BORING!
SECOND THOUGHT: WHY?
THIRD THOUGHT: WHEN CAN I LEAVE!?


I stalled a little to say hi to my friends that were there, but as soon as the opportunity came I pulled up my phone faking a call and ran out of the building. Two other boys had joined me outside, and I ignored them and walked for my car. The two boys were very annoying, and obnoxious.  Well I "pretended" to be texting on my phone or calling someone or I think it was even talking to someone on the phone. ( I know, really lame right?) Well they pass and run along up the trail to the parking lot. Shortly after I get there and start pulling out. I get to the exit to find the same two boys standing in the middle of the road blocking my way out. So pulling over I rolled my window down asking them if they needed a ride out of kindness not realizing they would say "Yes!".


Now lets step back and look at this situation...two boys walking home from a singles ward activity. My first thought, they must live close. Short drive there won't be that bad. Plus I needed to hurry to get to Ashlins birthday party.


Well they hopped in. Ricky his friend in front and Landon in the back. Ricky was super nice to me for the ride down. He talked to me and asked questions. Landon sat in the back texting and called someone even and started talking.
When the words " I am half tongan" came out of my mouth and all of a sudden there was his face up with Ricky and mine interested in what I had to say. ( Little does everyone know....Landon served a 2 year mission in Australia and spent 6 months in the tongan speaking ward. He fell in love with those people.) He then started asking me questions, about who my dad was, and what else I know about tonga and what not. Questioning his sudden gesture to jump in and join our conversation, I kept the answers to a minimum.


*Now back to the distance of trip*
Thinking, "They are walking home, they wouldn't live too far", how wrong I was.


15 minutes later, we showed up to their house in millville. They invited me in and also to attend a basketball game they were holding the upcoming saturday. I took the second invite, but I had Ashlins party to go to, so I declined the first.
Seconds before leaving, Landon pops his head back into the car and asks if "they" could get my number. Forgetting I turned my phone off, they called it testing to make sure I gave them a real phone number. After a few minutes of no ringing, they looked at me and said "oh we get it!" Then I tried opening my phone and it was off, obviously showing my embarrassment, I said goodbye and told them I'd see them soon. And that was it. Until the  next day when I got a call :D




NEXT STORY COMING UP TOMORROW!!!


Story #2:


Team work!


Day #2 in our wonderful journey starts off with Ricky calling me. Asking me if I wanted to hang out with him and Landon, and maybe watch a movie. It was 11:35 pm. I had a test the next morning, and they had called in the middle of my study. Me being a silly college student and not really having a social life, I usually took all the opportunities I could get! So I quickly finished studying and was off to see them. When I got there I got a fun text saying, " Just come on in, we're downstairs." Great! Here I am at a place I've been once, and in the dark no less. Ive never been inside, who am I to know where the stairs are. I laughed to myself as I walked up to the door. Thankfully the stairs were right in the entrance. I walked down the stairs, not knowing what to expect. The first one I saw was Landon. Dressed in a fancy white shirt, with nice jeans on, staring into the tv screen playing modern warfare. I then saw Ricky sitting on his bed. Landon looked "Super busy" * ;) Love you babe*
I sat by Ricky and he let me play his xbox with Landon. It was super fun! Landon didn't say a single word when we were playing, which made me laugh. We then ventured to the other room for the movie. Movie choice: Taxicab...not the most interesting movie on the planet, but it was okay, I wasn't paying attention to the movie. Landon sat right in front of me in a banana chair. His face was in perfect view of mine. I couldn't stop staring at him, he was so handsome.
It was halfway through the movie and Ricky had fallen asleep on the couch kitty-corner to me. Landon then took his opportunity to get closer to me. He sat up on the far end of the couch, and put his arm up on the couch. I'm not sure what was racing through his mind at that time, but he moved back down to the banana chair. I was a little confused, until he attempted the couch again. After laughing inside for a while, he scooted closer. Then closer, and closer! After a while he made his way next to me.


Mission 1: Landon putting his arm around me. ACCOMPLISHED!


Landon and I spoke for a while and then he walked me outside to my car like a true gentlemen. I drove home with butterflies in my stomach, I fell for him that night!

The next day I got a text from Landon asking if I wanted to go on a date with him that night, and of course I agreed. He said he'd pick me up at 7:00.

Well 7:30 rolled around and still no Landon. I thought he had forgotten about me. Then his car pulled into my drive way and I gave a huge sigh of relief. He rang the doorbell, and of course I fixed my hair, and headed down the stairs, as my family hid behind the wall listening to our conversation. Welcome to my family! I love them! And I assure everyone when my little sister goes on a date, I will be right there behind the wall listening as hard as I can too!
Landon and I went to Ricky's house, and when we got there, he realized he hadn't planned anything. So he sat and watched me play video games for, I'm not kidding, two hours. I was completely hooked to modern warfare, and I forgot at times that he was watching me. He made me feel so comfortable. Then he said we could watch a movie, so we sat and watched a movie, as he put his arm around me. After the movie, he took me up to the providence bench and we went star gazing, as he had his arm around me and we snuggled in a blanket. We laid on the back of his car and looked up into the heavens. He told me stories of his childhood, when he would hike up the mountain behind us and camp for nights, and then hike back down.

Now before this all happened, I went to go tell my girlfriends about him asking me out on a date. I had a feeling he was going to kiss me that night, so all night I was waiting.

An hour passed and still no kiss. I couldn't look at him while we were star gazing because I was scared, and nervous. First kisses must be perfect, and that would've been a perfect time to do so, but I was way too afraid. So no kiss that night, but he walked me to my door and gave me a "pansy" (no offense babe) hug. (He told me later that he was super nervous that night as well, so he was shaky, and didn't want me to know ha ha) So I went to sleep with butterflies in my stomach still awaiting that warm kiss that he would soon promise.

Sadly the next day I had already been asked on another date, a guy from my singles ward. I went, and had fun, but all I could think about is Landon, and how much I wanted to see him again. So right after my date took me home, I texted Landon asking him how he was, and what not. He didn't answer for a couple hours, but he then asked me to come play basketball with the guys the next day, saturday, and then come join them for video games afterwards.

Date #2~ Basketball, and the Surprise!

So I drove over to where they were playing basketball and we played for hours on end. We were all sweaty and gross, and reaked of nastiness. Me and one other were the only girls there, and so we felt like we had the advantage..ish.
So we played hard, and when time came to finish we packed up and headed for Ricky's.

(Come to find out, Landon had previously planned on inviting a different girl, other then me to basketball, but plans fell through, and I was the second choice....sad)

So we made it back to Ricky's house, and of course everyone started playing games, and I joined in as I watched Landon kick butt! I sat for a while watching until Landon stopped playing to come sit by me. We sat on the couch watching other people playing. It was great fun sitting by him and being close. Then out of no where...everyone left. Landon stayed seated so I took that as a notion that we weren't joining everyone else. For a couple minutes we sat in silence then I stuck my thumb out and asked him if he wanted to thumb war. He nodded and stuck his thumb to mine. Tricking him in my mind, I let him win. Only knowing I would play him later. We did this for a while, and after he was sick of winning, he muffled something under his breath in tongan, so I asked what he said. So he said it louder. I listened carefully and recognized one word out of the sentence. "Uma" It is also known for in tongan as "kiss" I glanced at him in confusement, and then asked again, "Wait what did you say?" He shook his head and said nevermind, and then stuck his thumb out again. So I used it to my advantage. I said," If I win this next thumb war, you have to tell me what you said." He thought, and then agreed. Within seconds my thumb covered his and I stuck my head out wanting my reward. Instead, I received a surprise. I was expecting an explanation and what not, but he simply whispered," I said this...." And then kissed me on the lips. I was so taken aback, I didn't know any better then to keep kissing him. It was the BEST kiss ever! Although, later on he was so shaky he barely hugged me on the way out to my car. You could say he hovered over my hips. I was laughing so hard inside. It was hilarious. Then I drove home once more with butterflies in my stomach! It was great!

So then begins our Journey!

One of the big events that took place next was the Military Ball. He picked me up as I sparkled in my green dress, and my paperclipped hairdue ( My mom used 400 paperclips and spun my wet hair around some paper clips to get kind of a triangle curl. It was amazing looking. ) Anyways, he picked me up and it had just started snowing. (My dream has always been to dance in the snow and under the stars with the man I love.) Well we went to the banquet, and it was great fun. We had lots of good food, and we had great company. We then left the ball, and he was headed towards my house to take me home, or so I thought. He turned right before my street, and headed towards mendon. At this point I'm completely lost. So I just play along with it hoping for a good outcome, when we stop at my favorite place. "The Dock" It was the one place I took Landon and told him how special it was to me. Well he opened my door, and he led me out onto the dock, as he turned his phone music on. For the first time in my life, my dreams came true. We were dancing on the dock in the snow, under the stars, that were reflecting off the wonderful water next to us. It was a perfect night. I will never forget that, and I am forever thankful for him in my life. He has made more of my dreams come true then anyone in this world. He is my hero. Thank you Landon for being my one true love, you have helped me through life, more then you know! I love you, and care about you so much. Thanks for everything you do for me!

My Birthday.

The day before my birthday, Landon and I had an argument and we discussed it that evening, and he presented my gifts to me a day before my birthday. A beautiful card, and a teddy bear that lit up. He said I should cherish this bear, and know that if he wasn't there that every time it lit up he was thinking about me. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I still have it to this day, although my cat has taken a liking to it, I still cherish it, and will never give it up.

For my birthday Landon took me to a movie, and then after that we went and played video games over at his friends house. It was a fun birthday! My parents had a cake and everything for me. It was lovely!


Between then and Christmas.

We never missed a day of seeing eachother. It was great. He would always make time for me! It was great!

Christmas.

Landon had to spend the night over at his dads house in Ogden, and so I dreamt about him while holding the small white teddy bear he gave me as it lit up my room with his warmth. He joined us later that day, to find that we had bought him some cool presents. I bought him a cane with an eight ball on the top ( He was admiring it a week before when we went to the mall) My dad had made him a spiderman platform made of wood to hang on the wall. I also gave him a CD and some other random things. He gave me a B.E.A.Utiful diamond heart necklace, that I'm actually wearing right now. It was the coolest thing someone has ever given me. He had brought presents for my entire family. Bourd games, and all sorts of stuff. He was so generous to do that! I love him soo much!

Christmas Break.

Landon had told me at the beggining of December that he would be leaving for Training for the military at the beggining of January. I was dreading the Christmas break because every day led closer to the cursed day of him leaving. Every night I would cry, knowing for two months I wouldnt' be able to see him or feel his warm arms wrap around me and his wonderful smile greet me at the door.
Days went on and finally the retched day had arrived. It was time for him to leave...
Day after day led on and still...he hadn't left yet. I asked him mulitiple times but he was unsure of what was going on. So I didn't hesitate to spend more time with him. He then announced on January 2nd that he wasn't going to leave, and January 3rd he talked to me about marriage. This was all so exciting at once, and I was so excited I almost went crazy! Luckily he was always by my side.

Later I found out that Landon had given his dream up for me. He had a chance of a life time at the beggining of January to join a certain part of the military, but he chose me...this made me so sad, but extremely happy that he chose me. Because I found out next was that once he left in January it wasn't just for two months...I would never seen him again. He did all of that for me...And to think I give him a hard time sometimes. It doesn't sound fair to me. I try and thank him every day for all that he does for me, and the wonderful moments he's given me. They will last a life time! THANK YOU LANDON!! I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH! YOU'RE THE BEST! AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY, AND BEYOND!!!  

Talking of Marriage:

So it was time for our parents to be invited to our singles ward, to hear some great speakers for that week. Landon and I sat by eachother as my parents accompanied us. Through out the entire time, I felt different. I pictured my life as if Landon were my soul mate, and if every sunday were as perfect as that one. I felt AMAZING!! The meeting was over, and it was time to go back home. Landon opened my door to his car and I got in, and then he followed. We didn't leave though, and I started to feel really confused. Finally Landon started talking. His first question. What were you thinking about today? That really took me off gaurd, so I told him the truth and admitted that I was thinking about how cool it would've been if we got married, and every sunday was that perfect. He smiled and said, " I was thinking the exact same thing!" I sat in shock as I tried letting it sink in. Although it still hasn't, it was a great feeling! We then spent the next few hours talking about marriage, and where we would get married and all that FUN jazz! I was so exhilierated I didn't know what to do! I went home feeling amazing and overwhelmed and told my mom as soon as I could, and then asking my dad about what his opinion on it was. He agreed, and said he had the wedding already planned.This brought joy to me!!! I was planning my own wedding! The thoughts I had were crazy! I couldn't control myself, so sleep was the best medicine. Waking up was GREAT!  






Thanks for reading my blog! It is much appreciated! Keep in touch for some new ideas I have, and the opportunities I found!  

No comments:

Post a Comment